Friday, August 5, 2011

Two Amazing Boot Campers


Last weekend, two of my very dedicated boot camp ladies, Kathy and Julie, participated in the San Francisco Marathon and Half Marathon. To say they did an amazing job is an understatement!

While they trained for their races, they continually made boot camp a priority. I can recall Kathy running 20 miles on the weekend and still showing up for Monday's 5:30am class ready to go... amazing!

Myself as well as the other boot camp attendees, truly enjoyed supporting these two women and celebrating in their success!

Here is what they had to say about Fit OC Women Boot Camp and how it contributed to their accomplishments:


"I just want to thank you for the tremendous boot camp training. Last week-end, I ran the San Francisco marathon with my sisters and I'm very pleased with the results. Your boot camp classes provided excellent cross-training for me. In the past, if I tried to go on a long run, I would have hip and sometimes knee pain related to my IT band. Since your workouts are all about movement and development of all muscle groups, I have been virtually pain-free on all of my runs. Also, I have gained strength and endurance from your classes....which were definitely needed, especially for the last 6 miles of the marathon. I have never been athletic; yet I was able to meet my goal of 3 hrs: 50 minutes.....and you helped make this happen! Lastly, your creativity, knowledge, and caring personality make our workouts fun! Thank you for everything!"
Kathy Jackson



"Hillary thanks to your boot camp program I was able to do the San Francisco Half Marathon last weekend! Prior to the marathon I wasn’t really a runner, I ran 3 – 4 miles at a time (mostly walking). The day of the marathon I had endurance and strength which I attribute to the boot camp training that allowed me to finish the half marathon and I felt great!

Thank you Hillary!"

Julie Kenney

No comments:

Post a Comment