Wednesday, May 4, 2011

T Minus 3 Days and a Suggested Read


On Saturday, I am going to be induced... yay! Talk about pure excitement in our house! My doctor said the phrase, "Do you want to be induced?" and I didn't hesitate to say yes. He thinks the baby is a good size and it is only a week before my due date. So let's get this party started!

I have had many friends 'suggest' doing all I can do to increase my chances of going into labor on my own before Saturday. If it isn't a crazy suggestion, like that castor oil or whatever, I will give it a shot. Drink raspberry leaf tea.. sure. Eat a whole pineapple... sure. Run sprints and squat jumps... sure. That is exactly what I did today. So in honor of the eve of the eve of my induction day, I got a nice little circuit in today. Check it out...

Foam Roll at least 10 minutes... oh my hip flexors and IT band have taken a toll during these last few months
dynamic warmup 5 minutes (leg cradles, knee hugs, quad stretch, band walk, sumo squat to stand... and a few others)

1/4 mile jog (not very pretty and incredibly slow)
50 Kettlebell Swings
15 T Push Ups

1/4 mile jog
25 squats, 25 squat Jumps
20 TRX Rows

1/4 mile jog
15 each side Bottoms Up Kettlebell Front Squat and Shoulder Press, flip that kettlebell so the bell is up, watch how wobbling it becomes, tough!
15 Single Arm Kettlebell Swings

1/4 mile run, for a pregnant lady
50 Kettlebell Swings
15 T Push Ups

Finished up with 20 minutes of 60 second run, 60 second walk. Great 45-50 minute workout!


If your new to the kettlebell swing or wonder if your doing it correctly, check out this article on t-nation.com by Dan John. It is a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment