Sunday, June 26, 2011

14 Weeks, Long Road Ahead


Two weeks ago, I made the decision to do a competition in early October. Initially I had thought I would do an NPC competition in late October (unfamiliar with physique competitions click HERE). I have decided to switch and try a different organization, INBA- The International Bodybuilding Association, click HERE to read more about it.

I had contacted Kellie Davis who had recently done an INBA competition to get her feedback on the organization. She raved about it and only had positive things to say. She has a great site, www.motherfitness.com check it out. So, thank you Kellie, you helped me make the decision to switch and I am excited to give it a try!

The competition I have my eyes on is Clash of the Natural Champions, October 1st in Corona, CA. That is 14 weeks away! I wouldn't be honest if I said I was totally confident that I will be ready by this time but like most things that are tough in life you never know unless you try. Switching to this competition cut my prep by 2 weeks. Lots of changes need to be made in this 7 weeks post baby physique. Thankfully I am a girl who likes a challenge and love to work hard!

So, with 14 weeks to go and a body fat at a higher level than I have EVER started at, I am ready to go!

The nitty gritty details...

16 weeks out- weight 157
body fat (taken with 3 spot Skyndex)- 23.5

Currently (14 weeks)- weight 156
body fat- 22.5

I will post progress pictures eventually but for now I am just not quite ready to do that yet :).
If posting my progress in this journey inspires you to try something new or commit to something way outside your comfort zone, than I have succeeded.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out. You will do amazingly well, girl. I have faith in you. xoxo, Kellie

    ReplyDelete