Sunday, June 12, 2011

Working On My +1

I feel that being able to master the chin up is a truly awesome feat. I have posted various videos over the past few months of myself and most recently a boot camp member performing chin ups as well. It all started with a video of myself doing 10 assisted chin ups at 8 months pregnant and then another video at 9 months pregnant and last week 5 unassisted reps at 1 month post pregnancy.

I have a goal to do a whole lot more than 5! Last Wednesday, I was able to do 5 and have implemented a negative eccentric hold for 30 seconds on my last rep with hopes to get 1 more rep each week. Today, I stepped up to the bar and got 5 1/2 reps. I needed a little hoist to complete the 6th rep and then held on for dear life... 30 painful seconds.

Here is a little video clip of what my 3rd set looked like- 1 rep plus 30 second hold



This Wednesday I should get 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment